My family has been to Ireland many times but my fondest memories were as a 5 year old girl running around castles such as these, pretending to protect it during times of attack:) These castles insire the imagination!! Your photos make me want to visit again.
Oh Ireland looks goreous. You're photo's make we wanna come over. If only we didn't make plans to visit Austria this summer. May be next holiday (I'll let you know, how fun would it be to meet).
Claire, I didn't even know you had started this blog! That's how behind I am on my Internet life these days, but I'm getting better. I really like this space :)
Sorry about the pix yesterday—got back all full of excitement over my day and totally forgot! I'm posting them for you today, I promise.
so inspiring Claire...i love to imagine what these walls and towers have seen and heard... i trust you must be really at home in Ireland now, yes, no ? :-)
Imagine how freezing these places were in winter back in the day. Imagine how wet they were in the rain and snow - they didn't have glass windows, did they? Always wondered how they kept warm and snug!
10 comments:
such a beautiful country. wonderful photos here
My family has been to Ireland many times but my fondest memories were as a 5 year old girl running around castles such as these, pretending to protect it during times of attack:)
These castles insire the imagination!! Your photos make me want to visit again.
Oh Ireland looks goreous. You're photo's make we wanna come over. If only we didn't make plans to visit Austria this summer. May be next holiday (I'll let you know, how fun would it be to meet).
Claire, I didn't even know you had started this blog! That's how behind I am on my Internet life these days, but I'm getting better. I really like this space :)
Sorry about the pix yesterday—got back all full of excitement over my day and totally forgot! I'm posting them for you today, I promise.
what a great history, lovely photos!!
speechless in the moment ~that is a wonderful feeling...these photos are stunning
so inspiring Claire...i love to imagine what these walls and towers have seen and heard...
i trust you must be really at home in Ireland now, yes, no ?
:-)
there is something very special about Ireland. Amazing how many talented musicians come from there. I see some of my favorite angles in your pics ;-)
I dream of visiting a castle one day.
Imagine how freezing these places were in winter back in the day. Imagine how wet they were in the rain and snow - they didn't have glass windows, did they? Always wondered how they kept warm and snug!
Post a Comment