Monday, May 16, 2011

Inverness, Scotland, May 2011












This Scotland trip was a surprise for me. Calvin had planned four days away and we left a day after I arrived back from South Africa. Every part of the trip remained a surprise and so I was all girlish every morning wondering where we were headed for the day. We took the Ferry from Belfast to Stranraer and from there we road tripped into the Scottish Highlands. We spent two very special nights at the Water's Edge Bed and Breakfast in Fortrose, just outside of Inverness. We have spent many nights in many Bed and Breakfasts and this one stands in the number one position without a doubt. It is by far the warmest welcome we have had in a long time. Bill and Gillian, if you are reading this, please know that you both hold a very special place in Calvin and I's hearts. When we drove away from your place, I said to Calvin that it was as if I had come home from a year at college. Everything about your place: the view, the bedroom, the decor, the breakfasts, the bathroom, the extra special little things, your home, your love, your generosity. Memorable in every way. Thank you over and again.

1 comments:

Simply Darlene said...

Thanks for bringing us along...

Blessings.

Related Posts with Thumbnails