Tuesday, April 21, 2009

a new life












This is our new landscape. It is picturesque and breathtaking to say the least. Calvin and I sat on a picket fence on Sunday in stunned silence, taking it all in. God has blessed us beyond measure.


We are house hunting at the moment and should have a place within the next 8 weeks. It would appear that we brought South Africa's sunshine with us. Since we landed eight days ago, we have had five glorious days of sunshine which is very much out of the ordinary for Ireland but we are of course loving it! In the meantime, we are living in a very homely bed and breakfast called Killererin House. The family have gone the extra mile to make us feel at home.


Calvin and I have both started work and it is going very well. The county which we live in is very relaxed and tomorrow is as good a time to do something. We are adjusting to this and so the work day starts at 9:30/10 every morning and ends between 5 and 6. Amazingly though, their productivity is not lower than ours and their efficiency is certainly better. The sun only sets at 9 and so the rest of the day is spent exploring the area. We have driven over 1000km since we arrived. The beach is 15 minutes away and there are gorgeous coffee shops everywhere to relax and watch the world pass by.


Religion is very much a traditional part of life here more than a heartfelt part of it and so Calvin and I are travelling to different churches to find a place and a congregation that we can call home. I know that God will help us to find a place where we can be a blessing and where we can be blessed.


The Irish people would appear to be very introverted at first but once a person gets to know them, they open up and are filled with love and laughter and truly big hearts. They are very gentle, humble and polite. Calvin and I were commenting the other day that it is amazing that we have not heard one swear word since we have arrived here. Family is also a very important part of society and mom, dads and children can be seen everywhere, together as families.


We are excited about that which is to come. We are blessed to be here. Please know that you are welcome to come and stay a while... Our home is open to you.



12 comments:

in another lifetime said...

I am so excited about your new blog and this new part of your life! These pictures make my heart ache, in a good way. The quiet beauty of Ireland....there is nothing like it!

Wishing you lots of love and adventure Claire. I can't wait to meet you either!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds and looks amazing! Will be really great to come and visit when we get the opportunity to. S&A

Ida said...

Oh Clarie, these are beautiful shots. Ireland is so breathtaking. I wish you and Calvin all the best over there.

Much love, I

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

A W E S O M E!!!! What am picturesque landscape. As soon as you get settled, I will be knocking at your door ;)

p.s. Calvin and I sat on a picket fence on Sunday....this sounds painful! haha Sorry, I had to.

p.s.s. I was so glad you welcomed us to stay a while at the end. I wondered if I was intruding!

ELK said...

blessings to you in this new adventure ~ your photos and words fill my heart today!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful country a new life amazing start!!!

nadia said...

beautiful claire, i feel the air- i also feel a change coming more than just a move..i can't explain it!

Dagmar said...

Claire I have to compliment you on the way you put the words down on paper (well your blog that is). Thank you so so so much for sharing. Your pics and words give me strength. Can't put into words in what. You've just are able to touch my heart with yours. Many thanks. God will guide you on your new path. When you see Him tell him I said hi. ;-)

Jane said...

What a beautiful blog, Claire! I will look forward to reading all the adventures that God has in store for you there in Ireland!

My Castle in Spain said...

Dear Claire,
so enchanting to now visit you in your new country...
the countryside is so beautiful..
i'll visit you often !
(i have very fond memories of Ireland. i lived there for 1 year in Sligo in Dublin)
good luck for the house hunting !

kendalee said...

I wish you joy in your new country Claire. Big, huge, humungous dollops of joy! You're already finding the beauty - these pictures are gorgeous! Can't wait to see the adventure unfold...

Alaskangal B said...

I did not know you had another blog. Sooo checking it out. That picture you have of the person standing there on Temple Bar Street on the sidewalk? WE HAVE STOOD IN THE SAME PLACE!! ONLY maybe 3 months apart. I just love that. We sat there and ate our ice cream from that Hagen Daz. They pictures of the green hills, lil houses and ocean is the Ireland I long to see one day. I will def be looking you up next year when we come back there.

Related Posts with Thumbnails