Tuesday, June 2, 2009

moving into our new home (may 2009)


calvin found me asleep at the top of the staircase at about 10:30 pm.


two shots of the guestroom with modo, my giant teddy bear.

this was the very first room that calvin sorted out. he has really missed his guitars. it was so nice to hear him strumming again.

my bookshelf now stands in the lounge because i am officially finished with my MPhil and so my textbooks are packed away for a while.

the fireplace in the dining room with a sketch that a friend did for me.

my shelf with odds and ends and all the old fashioned bits and pieces that i have collected.

the other end of the dining room.


me taking some time out amidst all the boxes.

and this was only half of the mess that reached the ceiling...

there are still clothes everywhere while we wait for our wardrobes to arrive.


the mess that had me sleeping on the staircase.

our house from behind.

the stream runs alongside of the property between all these trees.
our views.


the front side of the house.

Check Spelling

16 comments:

ELK said...

OH MY GOODNESS ...first of all my jaw dropped wide open when I laid eyes on the music room...obviously a musician...are you married to a rock star?! your home is going to be just that.. a home filled with your treasures ...beginning with love and care...thank you so much for the peek into your world...loved the smoothness of the table..."sleeping beauty" on the stairs ...your shelf of collected things...did I mention the guitars?!

Dagmar said...

My God...some work you've been doing girl. That's why it took some time before we heard from you. I was worried though. Well seeing you sleeping on the stairs I know you were safe. Great house you guys got yourselfs. You'll be happy here. I can sense the warm feeling from my screen. Thanks for letting us have a tour into your life. Looks wonderful. Oh and let your hubby play us a song some day. I'm curious.

p.s And you might need a Spa day to my friend. Soon.

Jo said...

What a beautiful place :-) And I see you are already making it even more special with your own things from home and your amazing eye for design. I just hope you don't make stair-sleeping a habit ;-)

in another lifetime said...

How does one fall asleep on stairs, not to mention some that look as steep as those?! I guess your photos explain it, but that is pretty funny Claire.

Your house looks wonderful! While you must be sorry to say goodbye (for now) to your life as nomads, there is something to be said for having a place of your very own. It is fun getting a glimpse of all of your belongings, though ambivilent towards them you may be:) Good luck!!

Leslie said...

Now, I'm so excited to see your house when we come visit one day soon. I loooovvveee the country. You guys are going to have so much fun there. xxx

spread your wings said...

oh my goodness it's magnificent. i know you must be beside yourself with excitement. the dining room looks especially inviting and i'm sure will be filled with many guests around the table. and those floors are beautiful and the view, and the.... it's all so wonderful.
thanks so much for sharing it with us even before you finished unpacking.

kendalee said...

Already it looks like a haven, and a home rather than just a house! Wishing you much happiness (and more comfy nights!) there...

ParentPreneur said...

Oh, Claire - how beautiful! Truly special...I hope we can come visit sometime soon!

rachel said...

Wow. That house is lovely! I love your simple, elegant decor!

Anonymous said...

What an absolutely gorgeous house, inside and out. Wow, enjoy!

Adéle said...

HI Clarabelle!

Congratulations on your new home!
Thrilling! It's a lovely home. Enjoy it. It looks very cozy with all your womanly touches in it.

Love you lots

Della

Anonymous said...

How great a new life a new country a new house, nice to see you in the pictures, I love the one where you sleep on the stairs!! so fuuny!

Ida said...

Your new house looks so peaceful Claire. I love the shot of you sleeping on the stairs, you are so beautiful!

onesilentwinter said...

what a view, the hills.

Jane said...

A*W*E*S*O*M*E house and furnishings and 'stuff'. You are beautiful.

Bev said...

I feel ok now! I can picture you in a place! I can actually visualise you when I think. Need a context when I do that! I pictured a more 'farmy' house, but I like it lots! LOVE the way you do your home - even here! And I thought I had a view!!!! Phew! You must put on more and more and more! The house looks so new! And even your papers are stacked neatly! Will send you some of my moving in photos and you can see the chaos!!
Love you

Related Posts with Thumbnails