This is a great post, Claire, both the photos and the meditative text. Abandoned sites like this -- especially those with rusting, decayed machinery -- always give rise to thoughts of human impermanance, how thin and fragile our presence really is, perhaps. The black and white really works well for the mood.
Once splendid and useful and strong, but if left alone (and without God), rotting from what could have been? I yearn to remain different from those as I cling tight to His hand...splendid and useful and strong.
6 comments:
This is a great post, Claire, both the photos and the meditative text. Abandoned sites like this -- especially those with rusting, decayed machinery -- always give rise to thoughts of human impermanance, how thin and fragile our presence really is, perhaps. The black and white really works well for the mood.
Claire, you have captured such ugly-beauty here.
Once splendid and useful and strong, but if left alone (and without God), rotting from what could have been? I yearn to remain different from those as I cling tight to His hand...splendid and useful and strong.
Blessings.
Photo essay needing no words. I used to think abandoned always meant rejection. Maybe not.
Great photos, Claire. And the thoughts were contemplative.
Thanks for this wonderful post Claire. It's amazing there still there as still momentums for long lost lifes.
This is great post. Make people thinking
Post a Comment